Winder Housing Authority has exciting employment opportunities
This is highly responsible maintenance work related to the Authority’s property management function. Reporting to the Construction Manager, this position is responsible for the organizing and completion of physical work tasks related to the maintenance and improvement of assigned properties. The incumbent possesses advanced skills in one or more trades and may provide technical expertise in that area. Work assignments are received in the form of broad objectives and specific work instructions requiring the ability to interpret instructions and present any conflicts in instructions to superiors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the work load. The functions listed are also examples of duties that may be required and in no way imply a contractual agreement between the employer and employee or affect the at-will relationship between the parties.
1. Performs maintenance tasks including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, general repair, vacancy preparation, preventive maintenance and related disciplines. Provides instruction to other staff members.
2. Performs specialized tasks based on abilities that may include HVAC repair, electrical repair, plumbing repair, or upper level carpentry tasks. Also, may provide instruction to other staff members.
3. Manages and organizes assigned work orders efficiently. Ensures that all work orders are completed and closed in a timely manner, in accordance with WHA Maintenance Policy.
4. Recommends the referral of work to contractors, when appropriate. This may include grounds maintenance, painting, cleaning, vacancy preparation, pest control, or equipment maintenance.
5. Recommends the assessment of charges to resident accounts for work outside of normal wear and tear in accordance with the dwelling lease.
6. Supports the Maintenance Manager in the management, receipt and completion of all work orders on the property. Ensures the completion of Emergency Work Orders within 24 hours and the timely management and completion of all other work orders received.
7. Supports the Maintenance Manager in the vacant unit turnaround function and ensures that units are ready for reoccupancy as quickly as possible. Performs physical work related to vacancy preparation.
8. Requisitions appropriate parts and materials for assigned work in accordance with the Authority’s procurement policy and/or materials management procedures. Documents the use of parts and materials on work orders.
9. Provides input for needed capital improvements on the assigned properties including items that are recurring in work orders, as requested.
10. Represents the Authority on a daily basis on the site in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ensures that the Authority’s interests are protected at all times and communicates any issues to their assigned supervisor or the Executive Director.
11. Performs other related duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of the structure, operations, policies, and procedures of a Public Housing Agency.
2. Knowledge of the vision, mission, and purposes of the Authority as established by the Board of Commissioners and the Executive Director.
3. Knowledge of current trends in effective property maintenance. Ability to proactively modify operational or technical approach to maximize the performance of assigned properties.
4. Specialized knowledge in one or more trade which may include skills at the journeyman level.
5. Knowledge of local codes applicable to the specialty that may include building codes, electrical codes, or requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act or Section 504 of the Housing and Rehabilitation Act (accessibility requirements).
6. Knowledge of the Authority’s facilities, including location, structure, and layout including associated utilities.
7. Knowledge of the Public Housing Assessment System and ability to apply standards to maximize the score of assigned properties and the agency as a whole.
8. Knowledge of basic maintenance techniques and skilled trades, as required, to complete assigned tasks. May also be required to obtain certifications related to work performed.
9. Ability to correctly use a wide array of tools and equipment related to building maintenance or grounds care.
10. Ability to effectively complete paperwork related to assigned tasks including correctly completing work orders and correctly accounting for parts and materials.
11. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, consultants, contractors, professionals, residents, HUD, and local, state, and federal officials. Ability to communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds.
12. Ability to understand and work from sketches, blueprints, diagrams, etc.
This position is required to work in less than ideal conditions, including noise, high-traffic areas, rough terrain, and undeveloped areas. The incumbent must have the ability to access all portions of their assigned site during normal operation and during active construction or modernization. The incumbent must access all areas of a property including the attic, basement, or crawl space and must be able to work/inspect in wet, damp, hot, cold, or dusty places. Must be able to work while standing for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and move up to 65 pounds without assistance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE
This position requires graduation from an accredited high school with a degree and certification in a related trade as required for the assignment; a minimum of three years experience maintaining multifamily rental property; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
1. Possession of a valid Georgia driver’s license.
2. Must be able to be covered under the Authority’s property (vehicle) insurance policy.
3. Must be bondable.
Who You Are
Candidates who apply should have:
Strong leadership and communication skills.
Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic.
Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
Ability to build strong working relationships with our residents by providing outstanding service.
Exercises discretion and independent judgement.
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office system.
Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
Who We Are
Why work for Winder Housing Authority? You might want to ask one of our employees that question. Over the years, Winder Housing Authority has cultivated a progressive “employee centric” culture that promotes collaboration and teamwork where ideas are openly shared and employees are actively engaged. We also firmly believe that employees should be able to have fun at work while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. We also believe in being a good neighbor by giving back to the communities we serve through numerous hours of volunteer work provided by our dedicated team of employees each and every year. Sound interesting? Please read on…
What Winder Housing Authority Can Offer You!
Winder Housing Authority offers very competitive pay commensurate with background and responsibilities plus a benefit and perks package that supports career engagement, growth, good health and connection with teammates and our communities. If this sounds like the type of company that you would like to work for, we would like to hear from you. Find out where your talents can take you by applying today!
100% paid Medical and Life Insurance (select plans)
Paid Time Off
Professional Development Resources
Fun Work Atmosphere
Please complete the following employment application and return to email@example.com
Apply in person at: The Wimberly Center
163 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Winder GA 30680
Winder Housing Authority Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer